Friday, March 8, 2013

A GREAT Cause & "Default" by Django Django


First, my good friend Mike Smith is an incredibly talented DJ/vocalist/guitar player/rock god who is also a great human being.  We don't get to talk as often as I'd like but for now we'll survive.  He's involved in a GREAT cause in Chicago that "provides music education and performance opportunities to underserved children in Chicago, sparking creativity and passion, teaching critical thinking, supporting academic achievement, and enriching young lives."  Awesome stuff right?  He is currently raising money to help put these kids through a year's worth of the Rock for Kids program.  So, if you're even half as awesome as Mike Smith then I think you'd probably be willing to either A) learn more about this non-profit or B) donate to his fundraising.  

Just go HERE to read more and to donate.  

He may have reached his personal goal but that doesn't mean that the kids don't need your donations, if you're able to give!  

and on a lighter note... 

SONG OF THE MOMENT

This band is playing a festival I'm going to soon.  I'll definitely be blogging about that later, trust me.  For now, just check out their tune "Default" which is probably their most popular song, along with "Hail Bop."  It's a great song that I've enjoyed hearing occasionally on some podcasts and radio shows, so I hope it makes your eardrums happy as well.

Song of the Moment


No comments:

Post a Comment