Friday, March 15, 2013

"You Never Need Nobody" by The Lone Bellow



SONG OF THE MOMENT


Interesting moment for me: this cool, new, up-and-coming band was introduced to me by a grandmother a few weeks ago.  This lady walked into my work, while I was mid-video edit, and as we talked I really got to liking her.  She was an incredibly nice and sociable woman with a great smile and laugh.  Then what happened next changed it all.  Her phone rang.  "Barton Hollow" by The Civil Wars was her ringtone.  After she finished her call the first thing I told her was that I absolutely love that song and The Civil Wars.  She looked at me as if she had some great secret, then said that she has a really close old friend, Charlie or something, who is the producer for The Civil Wars.  Mind: BLOWN.  So of course I turned into a little kid and asked a ton of questions and laughed like an idiot.  She eventually said that if I liked The Civil Wars so much then I should check out this new band that her friend also manages.  This is that band, this is the song she played for me, and after that moment I've literally been hearing about this band multiple times a week from radio, blogs, podcasts, ads, band tours, magazines, and a friend or two.  So, don't miss the train, check this song out and check this band out.  I'll be seeing them in April in Richmond as they open for Ivan & Alyosha (a fantastic band I sort of blogged about on March 1st) with my great friend Becky, and I'll let y'all know how they are.  Until then, enjoy today's Song of the Moment and have a great Friday!

Song of the Moment





No comments:

Post a Comment